Main Office – Brownsville, Texas
Telephone: (956) 548 9098
Fax: (965) 548 1656
- Law Degree from the “Centro Universitario del Noreste”, Matamoros, Tamaulipas, México. Admitted to practice law in 1996.
- Mexican Immigration
- Real Estate
- Mexican Tax Law
- International Law
- Attended different seminars pertaining to Corporate Law, Immigration, as well as the updating seminars offered by the Ministry of Commerce and Industrial Development currently the Ministry of Economy on IMMEX (Maquiladora) License.
- Matamoros Economic Development Committee “CODEM”
Carlos Porras’ experience includes:
- Representing companies with the purpose of incorporating them as In-Bond (Maquiladoras) Companies, requesting permits with different Governmental Agencies such as: IMMEX (maquiladora) permits for the temporary importation of raw material, machinery and equipment in order to manufacture and/or refurbish products as well as other corporate services such as: preparing and updating the companies increase and reduction of capital, shareholders’ registry, meetings of the board of directors and shareholders’ meetings ledgers and corporate books.
- Prepare, negotiate, revise and assist in the execution of different agreements such as: lease agreements, purchase and sales of land agreements, collective bargaining agreements in both English and Spanish versions.
- Prepare the necessary immigration work permits for foreigners.
- Background in assisting entrepreneurs and foreign businesses in establishing operations in Mexico.
- Carlos Porras worked for a well-recognized law firm in Mexico, bringing to this law firm over 12 years of experience in Corporate, Contractual, Immigration Laws and IMMEX Maquiladora procedures.
- Carlos Porras has a thorough knowledge of the Mexican and US cultures necessary for local assistance entrepreneurs and foreign business in establishing in Mexico.